Yay for Fridays! It was the first week of the third and final term for the year. It’s good to have all the students and teachers back. I’ve been feeling pretty good throughout the week. I had a couple meetings and gave a few computer lessons, which made me feel productive, a good thing. I did see my life flash before my eyes once, yesterday, okay not really, but it was scary! Yesterday morning I’m sitting on my couch, doing my crossword puzzle book (I got it last week from my mom’s package…it’s almost finished, if that tells you anything about my super busy days), when I see something out of the corner of my eye. So I turn my head and there moving right along my living room floor is a snake with half of it’s body straight up. My immediate reaction: scream. And then I start yelling TOTO (mom), while I am frozen to my couch. She comes to my door and says, Sarah what is it? Ummm there’s a snake in my house!! Sarah, you come out! So I leap off my couch and run through the door and keep running until I’m a good distance from my house where I proceed to do my “spider” dance, although now I guess it’s my “snake” dance. Thank goodness the kids weren’t on break to see me freaking out. Meanwhile toto went and found the two biggest sticks, half the size of my body, and is standing in the doorway to my house. She looks hesitant. So I say, should I go get someone? That’s a yes, because she is even fearing snakes. So I run to school, walk up to the group of teachers and spit out, can someone please come with me and get the snake out of my house! So, two teachers, Alex and Francis, come with me to get the snake out. I stand on my porch peeping through my window. It is hiding behind the door. I have to walk away when they grab the sticks and start hacking at it in my house. Needless to say, the snake is a goner.
So, later that night I’m laying in bed, ready to go to sleep, when my dad calls. I’m talking to him for a bit, telling my snake story. And he says, well you know what that means right? Umm, no, what does it mean? When there’s one snake, there are always more. Dad?! Here I am lying in bed, already afraid that a noise means a bat flying in my room and now I have to worry about it being a snake! I don’t know which is worse. I didn’t sleep very well that night.
Work is going well…I’m teaching HIV/AIDS to the primary school kids on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The rest of the time I’m putting together our chicken IGA for the school! We’re planning to get 200 chicks! I’ve actually been studying up on chickens…fascinating creatures, let me tell you. And they are needy! I’ll be sending out an email with more details and a request for help with the chicken thing. Alright, gotta go, Adam and I just booked our room for Zanzibar and now it’s dinner time…pool time tomorrow! Lots of love!
So, later that night I’m laying in bed, ready to go to sleep, when my dad calls. I’m talking to him for a bit, telling my snake story. And he says, well you know what that means right? Umm, no, what does it mean? When there’s one snake, there are always more. Dad?! Here I am lying in bed, already afraid that a noise means a bat flying in my room and now I have to worry about it being a snake! I don’t know which is worse. I didn’t sleep very well that night.
Work is going well…I’m teaching HIV/AIDS to the primary school kids on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The rest of the time I’m putting together our chicken IGA for the school! We’re planning to get 200 chicks! I’ve actually been studying up on chickens…fascinating creatures, let me tell you. And they are needy! I’ll be sending out an email with more details and a request for help with the chicken thing. Alright, gotta go, Adam and I just booked our room for Zanzibar and now it’s dinner time…pool time tomorrow! Lots of love!

3 comments:
Hhahahahaha, wow, that snake, what a mess that must've been. Did you have to mop up the snake-juice? I'm glad you're not all full of venom. Was your dad kidding? How the heck did that thing get into y our house?
Love and blessings!
EWWWWWWW THAT IS SOOOO CREEEPY.
of all the things I am okay with in the creepy crawly world, I do NOT do snakes. Way to go woman! alksdjflaksjfdlakjsfd;laksjfdlkjafdslakjfdsljasdf;lkajsfd <----that is the heeby jeebies and the state of my skin.
and your dad is wrong - where there is one snake, there are no more because they scared all the rest off....mmmhmmmm! (sounds good to me)
I love you. so so much.
sarah!! so good to read about your adventures!
hope you are well.
peace & love!
Post a Comment